Friday, May 2, 2014

Gluten-Free New Orleans (Part 2)

I was in New Orleans for a week and ate incredibly well. Truly, there were more safe options in New Orleans than in my home borough of Brooklyn. Here are some other places I stopped in at or heard about but didn't have time to try:

Superfood Bar Casual take-away/cafe spot. Healthy meals, snacks, and beverages.
Whole Foods Whole Foods is always a safe spot for me, since they're so good about allergen labeling. I found the staff at this location particularly well-informed about gluten. They have a fantastic barbecue selection; almost everything is GF - I heartily recommend the ribs.
La Thai Uptown
Casamento's Gluten-free fried oysters! Didn't have time to try, but definitely will next trip.
Fresh Bar
3 Potato 4
The Melting Pot
La Macarena Pupuseria and Latin Cafe
Mellow Mushroom
Carmo
Luke
Ruth's
Emeril's restaurants Emeril's daughters are GF and I hear tell that his establishments are GF-friendly.
Peace Baker, 100% GF bakery
Bakery NoBle, via Good Eggs

Did I miss any? If so, please share in comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment