Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Siggy's Good Food (Manhattan)

Having had a great experience at Siggy's Good Food in Brooklyn, I decided to try their new Manhattan outpost for brunch a few weeks ago. They recently took over the space at 292 Elizabeth St., former home to one of my all-time gluten-free friendly favorites, the now defunct Rice.



Space hadn't been changed too much - some different light fixtures and decorations.




Thankfully, the fireplace was still being used:

Toasty 

We settled into a corner seat, right next to the crackling fire. As at Siggy's in Brooklyn, the menu is clearly marked with many GF options. Our server was fantastic about my gluten-free needs, answering all my questions thoroughly and with good cheer. I opted for a goat cheese and vegetable omelette with potatoes and salad. No dedicated GF toaster at this point, so I skipped the toast with my meal.


Beautiful brunch plate, no?

Absolutely delicious and I didn't have a gluten reaction. I don't know what magic Siggy's uses on their potatoes but, white or sweet, I hold them up as what a breakfast potato should be - well-seasoned, uniformly soft within, but with a crisped roasty exterior.

Excellent food and service. Also conveniently located a couple of blocks from the Angelika, aka one of my favorite places to see a movie. (Brunch + a matinee = a beautfiul weekend thing.) Oddly, this outpost of Siggy's is now closed on Sundays, so you'll have to get your brunch on between 12-4 on Saturdays.


Siggy's Good Food has two locations, at 292 Elizabeth St (betw Houston and Bleeker) in Manhattan and 76 Henry St. (betw Pineapple and Orange) in Brooklyn. The Brooklyn location is closed on Mondays and the Manhattan location is closed on Sundays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment