Tuesday, April 8, 2014

FARE Food for Health (New Orleans)

I'm in New Orleans for the week. All pre-trip recon indicated that gluten-free options were going to be limited; happy to report I was wrong! On my first day here, I stumbled upon FARE Food for Health, on Magazine St. Fare offers a 100% gluten-free menu, including baked goods, salads, soups, snacks, and smoothies - as well as coffee and tea.


Everything is dairy/soy/gluten-free and paleo-friendly. Baked goods are made with various non-grain flours like almond, coconut, and flax meal.


Cupcakes, muffins, cookies, cinnamon buns, banana bread, brownies - so many treats to choose from!


My favorite (so far) is the banana bread - flavorful, studded with walnuts, and not too sweet.


You'll find various to-go items in the cooler, such as salad with shrimp and carrot dressing, hummus with olives, paleo chocolate pudding, and soups.


Fare has only been open for about two months and I hear more menu items are in the works.

FARE Food for Health is located at 4838 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA. Phone: (504) 302-9171. Open 9am-6pm daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment