Monday, April 30, 2012

5 Napkin Burger (Union Sq. Outpost)

I've been meaning to try 5 Napkin Burger for some time. I'd heard from reliable sources - and the parent company itself - that 5 Napkin is GF-friendly. I recently ended up in the Union Square area on a weekday and decided to pop in for lunch at the newest 5 Napkin outpost.

My waitress was very knowledgeable about GF concerns and told me all of my options. 5 Napkin has a signature burger, a 10oz beef burger with caramelized onions, gruyere cheese, and rosemary aioli - available on a GF roll. I went with that, and got this:

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger!

It was good and - just as important: I didn't get sick. Not even a slight reaction. WOO HOO.

I'm not much of a drinker, but was still heartened to see this on the regular menu:

Craft GF beers? NICE.

I'll definitely be back. Now we just need a 5 Napkin in Brooklyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment